We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)

Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Difficulties of Posting...


My coffee sits on the table in front of me, steaming gently, my computer is beginning to warm my lap and I'm trying to put my thoughts down. But there is one small hitch and he insists on climbing into my lap and laying his head across my arm each time I sit down here. I think that Diesel is feeling a little bit deprived of the kind of regular cuddling that he used to get when we lived in the apartment. I had so little to do there that I spent an awful lot of time sitting and watching tv and of course, he was there, either on my lap or cuddled close beside. But since we've come here, I am constantly busy, either planting the trees that I bought, or getting Sierra and Ambra's stalls or paddocks ready, or pulling out carpet, or.... well the list is endless at this point.

Anyway, the minute I sit down with my coffee and computer in the morning, he is right there - looking at me with his big brown eyes, willing me to pick him up so that than he may climb aboard. Then when he has found his comfy spot, nose tucked down into the crook of my arm, his snoring starts. So spoiled! My computer told me I needed to plug in. Instead of putting the dog to one side, I asked Daddy to get my power cord and do it - so that I wouldn't disturb Diesel. Never underestimate the power over your heart of a pair of big brown eyes and a little wet nose!

No comments: