We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)

Sunday, November 25, 2007

One Project Finished - Finally!





Before and after, pictures can be so encouraging when you are looking at a to-do list that seems endless even before you add the next project to it. So the outside of our house is done and it looks great. We are so pleased with our choice of color for the siding. So many people go with a light blue color if they even choose blue, but we decided to just go for the gusto and we love it. The white trim just pops against the dark blue. Now I really can't wait til spring so that I can get busy with doing the landscaping. It will look wonderful. I was thinking too of a couple of Adirondack style lawn chairs for the entry porch, painted bright yellow and a rich red. Maybe something painted a little decoratively but I suppose that when the chairs are here in front of me it will be easier to decide. Especially if the sun is shining and it is warm and the grass is green. I'll feel more in the right mood then.

Last night was minus 10, but this morning it is warm, don't know how warm, but warm enough to just quickly throw on a single jacket, slip into my boots and run out with the camera. Last night when I went to the barn at about 11:00, I had on at least four layers, and a hat. The moon was full and sky clear, so it was a surreal landscape. The horses walking over to where I was throwing down some hay made a hollow sound on the frozen earth. Very cool! (in more ways than one).

So today the sun is shining, and we've got things to do, so have a lovely day and I will be back.

No comments: