We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)

Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's snowing - again!





It's snowing again....how many days yet will that thought cross my mind? Being from the coast of BC, I'm not used to thinking like that. But one good thing about it is, it gives me a good reason to not feel bad about being stuck in the house doing reno work when I would rather be outside in the sunshine, pulling weeds, moving plants, planning the next garden project. It does seem, for today anyway, that to be inside is a much more comfortable place to be.

I thought you might be curious to see how things are going indoors so I've posted some photos here. The first couple are obviously "before" pictures. The dining room and living room have been my workshop for months which means the whole house is full of dust and sawdust. But I'm hoping that 8 weeks from now, the saws will be outside in the barn because it'll all be done in here. You can see how the kitchen looked in mid-demolition of the fake brick wall. And while having the bricks gone lightens things up considerably, the old plaster walls underneath are trashed so we will follow the advice of a B&B owner where we stayed on one of our trips and hide the evidence of too many decades by installing beadboard. And as you can sort of make out be the next couple of pictures (where the beadboard is visible) it does look a lot nicer.

And there I am, doing one of the things that makes me smile. Hammer and nails and level in hand and I am content. Although I will be more content when all of this is done and I'm out in the garden, in the sunshine, pulling weeds,......

No comments: