We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)

Monday, March 31, 2008

...on the point of collapse...



I'm sorry that I've been falling down on the job. The job of keeping up our blog so that all of you, our readers and fans, can keep up with the day to day changes going on in the life of the Maritime branch of the family. To tell you the truth, there don't seem to be any changes these days. Not that we aren't working everyday on one thing or another. It's just that, like any reno job, every job only leads to another, to another, to another.... I am so tired of living with ongoing mess and disorder! aagh! it's driving me crazy. Have you ever been doing something, and you get to a point where you just can't do anymore, and at that point you collapse in a heap and don't move again for a month? Well, maybe a month is a bit of an excageration but you get the drift. I feel that way quite regularly lately. But our cupboards are due soon and there's still lots to do. So no collapsing yet. Right now, the big project is putting up a tin ceiling and it looks great. I wasn't sure how it was going to look and when we opened the first box and pulled out a tile, I was worried but now that the kitchen ceiling is covered, I love it. Tomorrow we work on the dining room and then I think the following day will be for painting.

While the weather has been pretty consistently cold, Don and Diesel have decided to wait out the winter on the couch whenever there is no project work going on that is. Diesel keeps Don warm (you've heard of a three dog night, right? well we have one dog nights), and also gives him advice on his investments. As you can see, our little mutt is very involved there. Mind you, Diesel wasn't nearly so relaxed today while we were working on the ceiling. Everytime we looked down from our perch on a ladder or the chair, there he was, looking so sad and pleading, "please come down and pick me up." He is so needy. Good thing we think he's so cute. I think we are both wrapped around his little paw.

I think part of the reason that I haven't been writing anything here too, is that after a day of trying to figure out how to accomplish this or that, decisions, decisions, decisions, I think the creative part of my brain is just plain wrung out, nothing left to offer, done. Oh well, spring is just around the corner, I hope, and then there will be sunshine and flowers and trees to plant, all of which will reinvigorate my old noggin. In the meantime, I'll do the best I can and hope that you will bear with me.
So take care my dears and don't forget, you can post comments here too. This can be a two way street you know. Anyway, love to you all til next time.

No comments: