We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lump of Coal....


Yesterday, Don and I sat listening to a car phone salesman and I was absolutely moved to tears and left speechless!!! Paul Potts from Cardiff, England has a voice that you would never expect. Quiet, unassuming in appearance, he shared the gift of his voice that literally had the audience on it's feet in awe. I watched it again this morning before I came here, just to make sure it wasn't a strange quirk in my mood yesterday and I have to tell you that the same thing happened. As he sang Nessun Dorma, I felt my chest tighten, and the tears began to well up in my eyes and then spilled over.

This is the link ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA ) and if you have a good set of headphones, even better and listen to this rising star. He will take you to the heavens with him as he sings and leave you breathless. You just can't imagine!

No comments: