We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Winter AGAIN! Ahhhh!




So what to say except winter is back, or maybe it just got here! At this point I really can't say for sure but the photo above is what it looked like yesterday morning when we got up. Surprisingly it didn't seem that cold unless you caught a huge gust of wind that happened to be fully loaded with the dry powdery snow that was making interesting drifts right across my path to the horses.

This winter I'm feeding round bales for a few weeks and of course I've got about 75 squares in the barn. Testing the waters so to speak as we never fed the big round bales in BC and so I wasn't sure how long a big one would last for Ambra and Sierra. As a result, rather than bringing the girls in each night, I've left them out in their shelter with continuous food. The one drawback to this is that I have to bring water out to them at least three times a day. Not bad when the sun is shining but really the pits if you just got out of bed and you'd rather curl up with your book and a coffee. But, they have to drink and so out I go....

No comments: