We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New Art





So a few weeks ago, I said that I was getting busy again with my art and that in short order I would have something to show for that busy-ness and while the project that I was working on turned out to be a complete wash-out, I finally have something else to show for my time spent. As you can see, my sculpture is not finished, a ways to go yet, but a good start. At this point, I'm not quite sure what direction it will take, she does need some clothes, but whether I will use fabric like some do or whether I will make clothing out of polymer I don't know. I'm kind of stalled but am also hoping that if I sit and stare at "her" long enough, something will pop into my head. The only other hurdle is that seeing what I'm doing is tough. I'm going to try a different lamp and maybe that will eliminate some of the glare. Oh age, how thou doest interfere and make mine life a tribulation!!! Oh well, it might just force me to loosen up in my style a bit. Just trying to be positive.

No comments: