We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)

Friday, October 12, 2007

The studio that Don built.....For me!




I have a fabulous studio and I am the luckiest woman around. It isn't finished yet, but when it is, it will be just the coolest. We had the wrong size window delivered and rather than send it back, Don suggested we have it put into the room that I was going to use as a studio for my art work. So David installed it yesterday and I can't help myself, I keep running upstairs to look out it. I can see Ambra and Sierra in the shelter that I built, and I can see our fields almost entirely, and I can see our woods, and the beautiful Nova Scotia skyscapes, and I can see or at least will be able to see part of my garden from a different angle. If I am up that early, the sunrise would be spectacular from there too.

Right now, though the walls are a dark, very dark green and the middle of the room is stacked high with boxes. But I am vowing that by my birthday, at the latest, I will have a functioning studio with things put away, walls painted, pictures on the wall....it will be wonderful. For right now though, I have been focusing on getting things outside done before the temperature drops below zero, and on things done so that Kim and Holly's (and the guys (and kidlet too)) visit is nice. Like a bedroom with a bed and clean carpet to walk on, etc. But before long, I won't be able to resist throwing a coat of paint on those walls and getting started.

I won't be doing any pottery here as we don't have a big enough electric box to push a kiln, but I will probably make some more dolls, just for fun, and do some painting and well, whatever else comes to mind. The stoneware sculpture is one that I gave some friends who live in Surrey, the cake is the the one I made and decorated for Holly and Sean's wedding and the painting is based on a sketch that I did, oh my goodness, maybe 20 years ago? But the question is, is there any creativity left in me? We shall see.

No comments: