We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Give Me Shelter...




The Rolling Stones wrote a song called "Give Me Shelter" and I swear that that is what I heard Ambra and Sierra humming one day out in the rain between bouts of shivering and so this is what I built for my ponies. I set the posts myself, just to see if I could manage it, and then when I had done that, I just carried on. I still have one sheet of roofing to put up but that will come in the next day or so.

So they use it in the rain and they use it in the wind and they use it on sunny days. And I don't have to feel sad for them when the weather is icky. I also built the bin for the sawdust myself and then Don used his tractor to push it further in. Tomorrow I will tarp it to keep the rain off. Yessiree, things are getting organized so that caring for the horses is less difficult come winter.

I'm so pleased. I love it when things are right! When things work or are practical, when stuff makes sense. And I don't like it when people have animals and don't take care of them so this meets my criteria. I feel good about the work I did and my ponies feel good.

No comments: