We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)

Tuesday, April 15, 2008


Diesel is wandering around the house looking for the best sunny spot in which to bask and soak up the sun. The earth is slowly warming and the buds on some of the bigger trees are beginning to swell as the earths own warmth melts the ice from below. The grass is begining to green the hills here and there. It feels like it has been such a long time since the summer but it is time that has passed quickly because we have been so busy working on the inside of the house. Soon it will be time to move outdoors.

It won't be much longer before I can post some before and after pictures of our kitchen and dining room. Don has always had a fancy for yellow (not my favorite) so when we moved here, I thought I would just let him run with it. I think that lots of my philosophies have changed in the past couple years and the things that were important to me have changed and I've realized too, that the things that were so important, like NOT having my house yellow on the inside (among many other things), really don't matter in the grande scheme of things. But when we put the first coat of yellow on the dining room walls, I began to rethink that particular item. We'd had a coral colored kitchen once that began by being the most horrid pinky-orange but by the second day, the paint had cured to a very acceptable shade of coral so we forged ahead with this original decision to go with the yellow that we'd bought two cans of. And sure enough, by the second day the color was more pleasant to look at. So we're pleased with it and even on an overcast day, it is a joyful room to go into. Soon you'll see the grand unveiling.

No comments: