We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)

Saturday, April 26, 2008

What day is today?


We have been so busy this past week.....painting, ceiling, more painting, panelling, more painting and on and on. But yesterday, taadaa!!! they put our cabinets together and we absolutely love them. There is not a thing that I would change, mind you, I did sit there staring at my old kitchen for long enough that to have made a mistake on planning would have been almost impossible I think. But now we are feeling so burnt out that today it was hard to get started. All I did was cleanup and put away stuff that used to be in the old cupboards and now must be moved into the new. We still have some ceiling to put up, but first the electrician has to come and deal with some lighting issues. And on Tuesday, we're gonna pull out the mitre saw and begin putting up some crown moldings.

Oh and the vinyl floor that I insisted on, that Don had his doubts about no matter how hard I worked to reassure him, has finally met with his approval. I knew it would look fabulous, but he is a nervous nelly sometimes. I was going to put a few pictures on, but Don wants to wait until the crown moldings are done, so sorry. But we will soon be ready for the unveiling, can you be patient?

A week ago we had some lovely weather, 19 degrees. It was fabulous!!! That was the highest temp. so far. Then it cooled, rained a day or two, and today no rain, but a really chilly wind blew for most of the day. But by early evening the wind had died down and the sky was clear so maybe tomorrow will be warmer and sunny. Everyone here says this has been the longest and coldest winter they've had for several years. Lucky us that it happens our first winter eh? Oh well, we survived. After the mess we've had all winter, and the learning curve of dealing with the cold winter, next winter should be a piece of cake. I'm looking forward to more time to spend on my art, and reading and listening to my classical music (if only I could find my case full of CD's).

So now it is time to go upstairs as my pillow is screaming my name and I am more than happy to obey. Toodle-loo for now my dears.

By the way, do you love chubby babies like the one up above. This little charmer was so adorable I just had to share it with you. If I knew who the photographer was I would most certainly give him or her the credit, but can't. Anyway just enjoy.

No comments: