We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)

Friday, June 13, 2008



We had the nicest day today. We played hooky from renovating and instead, we went to a yoga class together in Pugwash. Yes, can you believe it, yoga! I thoroughly enjoyed it and the lady who teaches is a tiny, and very nice lady named Mary. She is very good at helping you understand the movements and their benefits and how to achieve them and she makes you feel very comfortable even if you are only a beginner. And at the end, during the time that you lay quietly and let your muscles all relax, she play some beautiful music made up primarily of gongs. Very melodic and very spiritual sounding. I am looking forward to Monday when we go again. Don decided to give yoga a try because he always has such stiff tight muscles, especially in his shoulders and neck. He thinks that might explain the frequent headaches he was experiencing. Anyway, after going once, he suggested I might like it so I decided to come along and I'm so glad I did.

But enough of that, the other thing that I have lately been renovating is my horse stalls. Did I mention that yet? I can't remember. Anyway, I had two smallish box stalls and one standing stall. The boxes were too small for a horse Sierra's size and because she is a bit nervous she is inclined to pace and circle and this just makes a horrible mess of her stall. So I've changed things to two very wide standing stalls where they will be tied for the night and this will keep their business ends in one place so they won't be eating their hay out of the manure, and they will lay down and sleep on a clean area. I'm almost finished with it and when the rubber mats are delivered, I'll build the mangers and then I'm done with that. And one more thing to check off on the To Do List. Hmmm, what can I add on to fill in the newly opened spot then?

No comments: