We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Harvey & Sara's Farm in Didsbury, Alberta


Our first night in Didsbury was LOUD, lightening flashing, thunder crashing, not like BC at all. But we did manage to get enough sleep so that we felt pretty good. The next day, Don wandered around outside and took a picture of a new, hairy friend.

Breakfast was compliments of the Harvey Neufeld restaurant, with basted
eggs being the speciality. Don told me to watch how Uncle Harvey made them. I did, but I'm not promising anything. My excuse, I don't have a pan like theirs!

Drove into town and visited Aunt Marie in the hospital. She squealed with delight when she saw me. I was so amazed that anyone would be that happy to see me. My goodness, made me feel good. She is weak, but she had finally gotten her first meal in four or five days and was hoping to go home by Friday. We sat and visited with her and Wilbert, who had hitched a ride from Carstairs, to come and see her because he was worried. They have a sweet affection for each other. We gave him a ride home after because at 90+, catching a bus is not an option.

Later in the evening, we spent some time over at Uncle Davids and Aunt Sarahs. It was her 63rd birthday and they'd just gotten home from a day in Linden. We had such a nice visit with them and the time just flew by. All of a sudden, it was almost 11:30 and we had to say goodnight.

The next day we planned to hit the road again.

No comments: