We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)

Friday, July 27, 2007

Ottawa And Government Opinions



We walked around Ottawa a wee bit. Saw the Parliament buildings from the outside. We had Diesel and Lucy with us and because of them didn’t bother trying to go inside. But there were so many people around that we didn’t want to stay in the area too long. But I knew that people would say “what, you didn’t go to the Parliament Buildings and you were there?!” So now I won’t hear that. In fact, we did get a picture of one of the Parliament buildings and if you look down at the bottom, you will notice someone doing what millions would like to do. Of course we did pick up his “opinion” if you know what I mean.

Ottawa is a neat city. I liked the old buildings and I liked seeing how the Rideau canal works. I imagine the residential areas are pretty nice too with many older but really neat homes. That would be sightseeing that I would be more interested in. Seeing the homes built in another era and the lovely neighbourhoods.

That was what I liked about Montreal. So many of the homes are built of stone or brick and are just charming. I like the stone ones best, but Don likes the brick ones a little more. Bob and Wendy’s neighbourhood is nice and feels homey, with gracious little homes throughout.

Tomorrow I will tell you the story about the restaurant we discovered “In the Twilight Zone” . The most peculiar dining experience we had ever had! But that will have to be for tomorrow because it is 1:00 AM here and we are finally pooped. So we’ll see you tomorrow and have a good sleep yourselves tonight. With love to you all…..(xxx)

No comments: