We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cracklin' woodwork, yikes!!!


The woodwork in the old part of the house gave me a run. We had decided to paint all the woodwork because it is old and not anything special or worth hanging onto the wood look. So I started priming the bedroom doors, and then put a coat or two of latex on it. And the more paint I put on it, the more the new paint crackled! Ahh! What do I do to stop this! Having nothing to lose, I tried a coat of oil base and fortunately it stopped the cracking effect. So now I have painted the old dark wood stairway rail and doesn't it look pretty! I can hardly wait to get all of it painted. Makes it look so fresh and nice don't you think?

No comments: