We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Coffee breaks and puppies...


Another coffee break with my sweetie.....one of the things that Don and I have always attributed our good relationship to is the habit of going out together for coffee each day. It got us out of the house and took me (especially) away from the never ending to-do list. We focused on each other and shared our days events. We actually communicated! The feeling was that if we stayed at home for coffee, it would be too easy to each grab our coffee cup and head for different corners. Here there is only a Tim Hortons close by, no Wired Monk, no Starbucks, no Esquires, so now we stay home because you can only go to Tim Hortons so many times before you are tired of it. And instead of preservative laden, hormone filled goodies to go with the coffee, I found a blueberry muffin recipe that is fabulous. No eggs, no milk, no butter and they are so good. When Holly and Sean came for a visit, she brought her favourite vegan recipe book to show me and after checking it out, I ordered one of my own and that is where this recipe came from. Diesel and Max really appreciate our having coffee breaks at home too, and I'm sure they've come to understand the phrase "come and get your coffee" because the minute they hear that, they are right there at our heels, waiting for their share of whatever is the treat of the day. They are so spoiled silly puppies. Now I should look for another fabulous recipe as I think they would like a change, spoiled little mutts that they are.

No comments: